having to tell you the truth even though it hurts you
A horrible truth: No matter how many wonderful plans you may have for you and your loved ones around you…. no matter how perfect your plans are and how everything seems to be falling into place… life can end in an instant…
leaving your plans to fall apart, your family and friends to mourn you, your wife to feel so alone, your young children to be lost and lose any confidence and sense of self worth that they had…
He taught me the lesson of death that most people ignore most of their lives
AN ACTUAL UGANDAN WOMAN’S RESPONSE TO KONY 2012
If you want to be well-informed, instead of a stuck up, spoon-fed, brainwashed, “outsider trying to be a hero” then watch this video.
If “everyone needed to watch KONY2012” then everyone needs to watch this video. or the article I found it from http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/03/uganda-kony-2012-reaction.html
Trust and understanding.
I don’t think I could have told Scott even a tiny fraction of my secrets if I didn’t trust him and if he wasn’t so understanding about all of it. Even all the bad things. While he may not be able to give me advice, or ever really know what to say to anything, he sits there and listens. When I finish talking, waiting for him to be disgusted by me, or to question my morals like most people have done, instead he looks at me and says
“I’m glad you told me.” And that’s that.
to tell you the truth. To tell you all the things you don’t know about me. Some of them… I’m ashamed. I don’t have valid explanations. I don’t have any excuse for some of the things I have done in my past… to myself… to other people. How can a person explain some of the things I have done?
How do I explain messing with someone’s heart?
How do I explain purposely making someone worry?
How do I explain that even though I have had amazing friends, there has been a part of me that has wanted to kill myself if only I weren’t afraid of it hurting?
I honestly don’t know how I’m going to explain these things to you. I don’t think I will be able to.
1. Full name: Liezl Abrau Jacobson
2. Nickname: Zel, Weasel, Leez, Liz, Mommy
3. Zodiac Sign: Leo rawr ;P
4. Male or female: *grabs boobs* Well I COULD be a boy, but I think I’m a girl
5. Elementary School: Hawthorn Elementary South
6. High School: Vernon Hills High School
7. College: Headin down to Illinois Wesleyan University this fall, gonna be a Titan ;D
8. Hair color: Asian Black XD
9. Tall or short: me? Filipino short. preference? eh
11. Sweats or Jeans: I practically live in jeans
12. Phone or Camera: as fun as my new phone is, camera’s make my life
13. Health freak: I’m not as bad as some people but I have my moments
(why is there no 14?)
15. Do you have a crush on someone: yeah, but he’s taken by some girl who looks exactly like me and has my name. pfft that poser
16. Eat or Drink: I just had dinner thanks
17. Piercings: ears twice but only because it closed the first time XD
18. Pepsi or Coke: diet :D (only cuz I’ve grown up on it because my grandmother has Diabetes, so I got used to the taste)
19. Been in an airplane: owwww my ears!!!
20. Been in a relationship: first one ftw!
21. Been in a car accident: oh geez. One apparently that I don’t remember cuz I was really little, one on a school bus in 3rd grade, and that one in December when that bitch ran a red light and hit me >_<
22. Been in a fist fight: Pacifism all the way! (tho I will totally break my beliefs if someone tries to mess with my friends, and you do not want a bitchy teenager all up in your face)
23. First piercing: I think I was 7 or 8? Maybe I was in middle school….
25. First award: Uhhhh perfect attendance that one year in elementary school? Real award wise I won 7th place in the Lake County Accounting competition last year (and 3rd this year ;D)
27. First word: o.o I actually don’t know…
29. Last person you talked to in person: HI MOM
30. Last person you texted: Scott ^_^
31. Last person you watched a movie with: Hah yesterday Scott was over at my house and we “watched” Bourne Identity… I think I remember a good half of it XD
32. Last food you ate: Just had Pizza hut for dinner :)
33. Last movie you watched: technically Bourne Identity. Last one I made it through? X-Men First class :D
34. Last song you listened to: “Do You Know” by Enrique Iglesias ^_^
35. Last thing you bought: Dinner last night for the fam XD
36. Last person you hugged: Scott <3
FAVORITE: (oh god I hate picking favorite anythings)
37. Food: I have weird addictions to cheese, mangos, and berries
38. Drink: diet pepsi, mango nectar
39. Bottoms: *shrug* shorts are happy :)
40. Flower: err flowers mess with my allergies… but lilies are so pretty!
41. Animal: It’s been assumed for years that it’s panda which yes I love them but I actually think I love owls more o.o tarsier monkeys are also up there!
42. Color: I always say sea foam green, periwinkle blue, and lilac purple
43. Movies: crap this isn’t good… ummm, I love Rent, Freedom Writers, Front of the Class, Clue, the Blade series, the first Power Rangers movies, Sweeney Todd, and pretty much all the old Disney movies like Going to the Mat and Alley Cats Strike
44. Favorite subject: I’ve always been a math person and Accounting wasn’t totally painful, though I enjoyed Contemporary fiction somewhat
HAVE YOU EVER: (Put an X in the brackets if yes)
45. [x] Gotten Baptized.
46. [x] Celebrated Halloween.
47. [x] Had your heart broken…
48.  Went over the minutes/texts on your cell phone. (yay unlimimted!)
49. [X] Had someone question your sexual orientation. (well when you’re in your school’s GSA people assume things -_-‘)
51.  Got pregnant.
52.  Had an abortion. (I think this one requires the previous one)
53. [X] Did something you regret. (oh god I regret a lot of things everyday)
54. [X] Broke a promise.
55. [X] Hid a Secret. (I’m still afraid to tell you the truth)
56. [X] Pretended to be happy.
57. [X] Met someone who changed your life. (I thank you all so much)
58. [X] Pretended to be sick (and my mom ACTUALLY let me stay home… it was weird!)
59. [x] Left the country.
60. [X] Tried something you normally wouldn’t try and liked it.
61. [X] Cried over the silliest thing.
62. [x] Ran a mile. (I hope PE counts XD)
63. [x] Went to the beach with your best friend.
64. [X] Got into an argument with your friends.
65. [x] Dated someone.
67. Watching: Disney is always on in the background for me XD
68. Texting: Scott an hour ago maybe…
69. Listening: the airconditioning and Disney
70. Sitting/Layin: sitting on the couch in the living room
71. Plans for today: well it’s midnite XD but later “today” Ma might take me to go look at cars :D
73. Want kids: It’d be nice
74. Want to get married: This would also be nice XD
75. Career: Planning on Accountant, but definitely not a boring office job, I can’t stand that! Hoping to get my CPA degree and I have a dream of opening a crazy diner/boardinghouse/hangout place in a small town where everyone knows each other and I would have everyone’s orders memorized ^_^ I think that would be awesome
76. Lips or Eyes: I absolutely love Scott’s eyes cuz they have this silver ring around his pupils O_O lol but I like his lips too ;D
77. Shorter or taller: Wasn’t this in the beginning?
78. Romantic or spontaneous: How about spontaneously romantic?
81. Hook-up or relationship: I think I’ll stick to my relationship
82. Looks or personality: If you have a great personality, you look amazing to me :)
83. Lost glasses/contact: XD I should not be allowed to put down my glasses
84. Snuck out of a house: It’s seriously impossible in my house… EVERYTHING creeks… so my version of “sneaking out” is going out while mom is at work and staying out late when she works the night shift and telling her I’m home when I’m not.
85. Held a gun/knife for self defense: I’ve never needed to before… My mom keeps a baseball bat under her bed so I can always use that ;D
86. Killed somebody: Pacifism thanks
87. Broken someone’s heart: >_< don’t remind me
89. Cried when someone died: I had been to 3 funerals by the time I was 10, but I did not cry at any of them for the person who died. One of them was my father but I was too young to comprehend the situation. Since then, no one close to me has died thankfully.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
90. Yourself: Err sometimes…
91. Miracles: definitely
92. Love at first sight: it’s gotta happen somewhere
93. Heaven: sort of… I have weird beliefs since I was never taught in a specific religion. I was free to find my own beliefs. I believe in an after life, I need to, but I’m not entirely sure if I believe in the “Heaven” that most people do.
94. Santa Clause: Ma kinda killed that for me >_<
96. Kiss on the first date: I believe in it, didn’t work out that way for m though XD
97. Is there one person you want to be with right now: Yup but I think he went to bed by now XD
98. Do you know who your real friends are: Right now yes. In a couple months at college, we’ll see
99. Do you believe in God: I believe in a higher power, not necessarily the same as God but pretty darn close
100. Post as 100 truths?: Well there wasn’t a 14 so technically this was 99…